JOB TITLE: News Reporter (Full Time)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Summary of the Role:
Jamii Media is looking for a passionate News Reporter capable of researching and reporting news stories. The News Reporter will help the organization create and cover news-related content, perform first-hand information gathering, review reports, conduct interviews, verify information, and develop sources and contacts. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Identify, collect, verify and analyze thoroughly newsworthy information
- Conduct research and write scripts on topics before production
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes
- Contact, interview, and research sources
- Stay up-to-date with current events by studying papers, attending events, etc.
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
Experience and Skills Required:
- Industry knowledge: Journalism, Copywriting, Storytelling, text Editing, Content Management, Public Relations, social media
- At least two years of experience in the news, television, Online TV, or journalism.
- Able to form and ask probing questions to interviewees.
- Critically minded, analytical, meticulous, and excellent recall of facts.
- Ethical and professional research and reporting skills.
- Well-spoken, engaging, and knowledgeable about news events.
- Soft skills: Communication, Creativity, Attention to Detail, Time Management, Research, Interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a specialized field such as politics, economics, or international relations would be great. Still, we are more concerned about your ability to get the job done and done well.
APPLY HERE before November 8, 2022